Last week, Mary Jane and I met to discuss our presentation at the Nova Scotia Library Assocation coming up in September, and here is our conference plan:
Over the next couple of weeks, we will pull together the information (most of which we already have) and create the slides.
We also planned some next steps for our LCPs. We are looking to consult with faculty and will plan to do that after September when their workload begins to settle down.
- Getting into the classroom to develop a “People in Practice” model
- MJ is looking at setting up drop-in editing sessions and will work with Amanda (based on her Writing Centre work)
- Interview communications instructors about the struggles students in skilled trades seem to have with communications classes.
- Interview faculty members in a skilled trade program about the “information literacy” skills needed in their field. (Ask questions about the types of resources used on the job, eg, email, procedures manuals, standards).
- Find out about being involved in the development of a new information literacy plan for NSCC Library Services.